Modern Naturopathy Nature is the world's best doctor
1st Choice to take care of health....
FDA Required Disclaimer: No claims are made regarding the therapeutic use of any therapies.These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. This web site is for educational purposes only. It is not intended as a substitute for the diagnosis, treatment. This site provides medical information and alternative medical options. In no way, should anyone consider the information on this website, representing the “practice of medicine”. This site assumes no responsibility for how this website information is used. This website frequently updates its contents as required. The statements regarding alternative treatments are based on personal experience & it can be varied person to person and not evaluated by the FDA.
Makar Sankaranti Importance of TilGud Laddoo for Health
मकर संक्रांति पर्व पर तिल-गुड़ के लड्डू के सेहतमंद फायदे
मकर संक्रांति के खास मौके पर अधिकांश घरों में चिक्की और लड्डू बनाने के लिए तिल (Sesame) और गुड़ (Jaggery) का इस्तेमाल किया जाता है, लेकिन क्या आप जानते हैं कि तिल और गुड़ के मिश्रण से बना लड्डू सेहत के लिए कितना फायदेमंद होता है? तो चलिए जानते हैं तिलगुड़ के लड्डू के फायदे.
तिल को तिलहन की रानी (Queen of oilseeds) कहा जाता है, क्योंकि तिल के बीजों में 50-60 फीसदी तक हाई क्वालिटी वाला तेल होता है, जो पॉलीअनसेचुरेटेड फैटी एसिड (polyunsaturated fatty acids) से भरपूर होता है. इसमें प्रोटीन, विटामिन बी 1, फाइबर, फॉस्फोरस, आयरन, मैग्नीशियम, कैल्शियम, मैंगनीज, कॉपर और जिंक भरपूर मात्रा में पाए जाते हैं.
चीनी की तुलना में गुड़ को सेहत के लिहाज से ज्यादा फायदेमंद माना जाता है. गन्ने, खजूर या ताड़ के रस से बने गुड़ में आयरन, मैग्नीशियम, पोटैशियम और मैंगनीज जैसे पोषक तत्व भरपूर मात्रा में पाए जाते हैं. यह विटामिन बी का भी एक अच्छा स्रोत है. इसके नियमित सेवन से पाचन क्रिया दुरुस्त होती है.
तिलगुड़ के हेल्थ बेनिफिट्स
तिलगुड़ के लड्डू को भुने हुए तिल, कटी हुई मुंगफली और गुड़ के मिश्रण से बनाया जाता है. तिलगुड़ का सेवन सिर्फ मकर संक्रांति पर ही नहीं, बल्कि पूरे ठंड के मौसम में करना स्वास्थ्य के लिए बहुत लाभकारी माना जाता है.
Here are 15 Benefits of Sesame Seeds / तिल
1. FULL OF PROTEIN
Sesame seeds are full of high quality protein. Protein makes up 20 percent of the seed with 4.7 grams of protein per ounce.
2. HELPS PREVENT DIABETES
Sesame seeds contain magnesium and other nutrients. Sesame oil has been shown to prevent diabetes, and it can also improve plasma glucose in hypersensitive diabetics.
3. REDUCES BLOOD PRESSURE
The same study above reveals how sesame oil lowers blood pressure in diabetics. Sesame seeds are full of magnesium—a key nutrient known to help lower blood pressure.
4. LOWERS CHOLESTEROL
Sesame helps lower cholesterol levels because it contains phytosterols that block cholesterol production. Black sesame seeds are especially high in phytosterols.
5. GOOD FOR DIGESTION
The high fiber content of sesame seeds helps the intestines with elimination.
6. FOR HEALTHY SKIN
The high zinc content helps produce collagen, giving skin more elasticity and helping repair damaged body tissues. Regular use of sesame oil can reduce skin cancer. Learn more about Sesame Benefits For Your Skin.
7. BOOSTS HEART HEALTH
Sesame seed oil can help heart health by preventing atherosclerotic lesions with the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compound known as sesamol.
8. PREVENTS CANCER
Sesame seeds contain anti-cancer compounds including phytic acid, magnesium and phytosterols. Sesame seeds have the highest phytosterol content of all seeds and nuts.
9. HELPS LESSEN ANXIETY
Sesame seeds contain the stress-relieving minerals magnesium and calcium. Sesame also contains the calming vitamins thiamin and tryptophan that help produce serotonin, which reduces pain, assists moods and helps you sleep deeply.
10. ALLEVIATES ANEMIA
Black sesame seeds are particularly rich in iron. They’re highly recommended for those with anemia and weakness.
11. PROTECTS FROM RADIATION DAMAGE TO DNA
Sesamol in sesame seeds and sesame oil has been shown to protect against DNA damage caused by radiation.
12. RELIEVES ARTHRITIS
The high copper content in sesame seeds prevents and relieves arthritis, and strengthens bones, joints and blood vessels.
13. PROTECTS YOUR LIVER FROM ALCOHOL
Sesame helps protect you from alcohol’s impact on your liver, helping you maintain healthy liver function.
14. PREVENTS WRINKLES
Sesame seed oil prevents harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun from damaging your skin, preventing the appearance of wrinkles and pigmentation.
15. ENCOURAGES BONE HEALTH
A handful of sesame seeds contains more calcium than a glass of milk. The high zinc content of sesame seeds also boost bone mineral density.
Here are 15 Jaggery benefits everyone should know :
2. Detoxes the liver: Jaggery is a natural body cleanser, further reducing the workload of the liver. Jaggery helps cleanse the liver by flushing out harmful toxins from the body, which further helps detoxify the liver. So if you want to effectively detox your body, bite into a piece of jaggery.
3. Treats flu-like symptoms: Fight symptoms of a cold and cough with the help of gur. All you need to do is mix it with warm water and drink up, or even add it in your tea instead of sugar to reap the benefits. Jaggery produces heat in the body, which is why generally people consume it in winters. The warming effect in jaggery makes it an amazing sweet that can treat cold and flu.
4. Blood purifier: One of the most well-known benefits of jaggery is its ability to purify the blood. When consumed on a regular basis and in limited quantities, it cleanses the blood, leaving your body healthy. Clean blood will mean a healthier body and will ensure that it is free from any disease.
5. Boosts immunity: Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals such as zinc and selenium, which in turn help prevent free-radical damage and also boost resistance against infections. Jaggery also helps increase the total count of haemoglobin in the blood.
7. Eases menstrual pain: Jaggery, due to its richness in many essential nutrients, is an effective natural treatment for menstrual problems, especially providing relief from cramps. In case you experience sudden mood swings just before your period, you should eat a small piece of jaggery daily to combat symptoms of PMS since it leads the release of endorphins. These endorphins relax your body, thereby preventing premenstrual syndrome (PMS).
9. Boosts intestinal health: Jaggery also boosts intestinal strength due to its high magnesium content. With every 10 gram of jaggery, you get 16 mg of magnesium, which is 4 percent of the daily requirement of this mineral.
10. Cools the stomach: Jaggery helps in maintaining normal body temperature which helps in keeping your stomach cool. Experts recommend drinking Gur Sharbat (jaggery soaked in ice cold water) during the summer months to cool off.
12. Prevents respiratory problems: By consuming jaggery regularly, you can prevent many respiratory problems such as asthma, bronchitis, etc. Experts recommend eating this natural sweetener with sesame seeds for wonderful benefits for the respiratory system.
13. Relieves joint pain: "If you suffer from aches and pains in your joints, eating jaggery can provide you with much-needed relief", says Dr. Manoj K. Ahuja, Sukhda Hospital. You can eat it with a piece of ginger to alleviate joint pain, or even drink a glass of milk with jaggery every day to help strengthen the bones, thus preventing joint and bone problems such as arthritis.
14. Weight loss: "Jaggery is surprisingly effective as an aid for weight loss. This is because jaggery is a rich source of potassium, which is a mineral that helps in the balance of electrolytes as well as building muscles and boosting metabolism. Potassium also helps in the reduction of water retention, which helps in managing your weight", says Delhi-based Nutritionist Anshul Jaibharat. These factors play an important role in effective weight loss, so if you're looking to lose some unwanted pounds, include this food in your diet.
15. Good source of energy: While sugar is a simple carbohydrate that gets absorbed in the bloodstream instantly and gives instant energy, jaggery is a complex carbohydrate that gives energy to the body gradually and for a longer time. This means that the levels of blood sugar do not get raised immediately. It also helps prevent fatigue and weakness of the body.